Chapplins Bordon was our first branch and was opened on 26th April 1996 by Martin Hodgson, who is a financial adviser. Martin employed William Newell from the outset to run the estate agency side of the business. William, did so very successfully and soon became Martin’s business partner. In 2010, William opened a new Chapplins office in Liss, whilst Martin continued running the Bordon office. In 2017 Martin welcomed Natasha Smith on board. Natasha, or Tash, to many, has for five years successfully run her own local estate agency business known as t&k. Her professional style and friendly approach to clients complements perfectly with Chapplins ethos. So it was fitting that Chapplins incorporated Tash and t&k into their Bordon practice. So Tash now handles all of the estate agency side of the business for Bordon, whilst Martin, being a qualified financial advisor, advises clients on their mortgage and other financial needs, as he has done so locally since 1989.
We have a highly visible double fronted office which provides an excellent window display. Perfect for passing traffic, as we are the only agent ideally situated on Bordon’s High Street (A325). We have a private office available for customers requiring a more discreet and personal conversation. Chapplins Estate Agents have additional offices in Liss, Havant, and Fareham.
Bordon also encompasses the neighbouring village of Whitehill along with smaller surrounding villages and hamlets of Lindford, Headley, Kingsley, Standford, Passfield and Oakhanger. Located 10 miles north of Petersfield and halfway between London and Portsmouth; historically, the settlement emerged in the 1800’s when a turnpike linking Farnham and Petersfield was cut through Woolmer Forest, and another linked Liphook and Greatham. Travellers would pay to travel on these roads and as often happens a ‘stopping post’ grew and then formed the village of Whitehill. In 1863 Bordon Camp was established and became an important army base when the War Office purchased 1,600 acres for training land and it was known for its SEME garrison, until June 2015 when the army moved out
The two villages have evolved over the years, with a large growth in the housing market in the 1970s and 80s and modern development linking the villages. The Forest Shopping Centre with supermarkets, independent shops, community centre, Methodist Church and award winning library is currently the centre piece of the town, Tesco also have a superstore situated on the A325 along with prominent landmarks such as the domed roof at Chalet Hill and the war memorial. The area is surrounded by miles of open countryside taking in local tourist attractions such as Alice Holt Woodland Park, Birdworld and Gilbert White’s House and Museum in Selborne.
The army moving out has freed-up approximately 100 hectares of land in Whitehill & Bordon, creating an exciting opportunity for the regeneration into a prosperous and sustainable green town.
The major regeneration scheme is progressing and is proposing to deliver:
- 3,350 new homes
- 5,500 new jobs
- A thriving new town centre
- Protection and enhancement of 150 hectares of beautiful natural environment
Whitehill & Bordon is ideally located, the A3 tunnel, five miles away at Hindhead provides quick road access to the M25 and London and to South Coast cities. Main line rail access into Waterloo is only a short drive away in Liphook.
The area is well catered for educationally with schools for age groups including Mill Chase Community Technology College, a secondary school designated a technical college, which also doubles as a leisure centre. There are also a number of nursery and playgroups for younger children.