Rightmove say "Buyers spurred into action by improved affordability and opportunity of securing a deal prior to Brexit deadline"
Latest Market Report from Rightmove
Pre-Brexit buying spree with sales agreed up by 6.1%
- Seasonal monthly fall in price of property coming to market, down 1.0% (-£3,192), a better performance than usual in August, pushing the annual rate of increase to 1.2%
- Buyers spurred into action by improved affordability and opportunity of securing a deal prior to Brexit deadline
- Highest number of sales agreed at this time of year since the same period in 2015, up by 6.1%on 2018, helping to make up for the slower start to the
- All regions see a year-on-year increase in sales agreed, with North East, East of England, and Yorkshire & the Humber leading the country with rises of over 10%
- Log-jam in the legal process, with the backlog of properties sold subject to contract but awaiting completion highest for five years